Subject Guide - Childcare and Early Years
- Early Years Educator - New! Latest edition is available to read online here!
- International Journal of Early Years Education. Also available online here. (Partial access, see below)
- Child Welfare
- Maternal and Child Health Journal
- Nursing Children and Young People
- Early Years: An International Research Journal
- International Journal of Early Years Education -Research into learning in children aged from birth to eight years, and the policies; theories and practices adopted to promote effective early years education in different countries. No access to articles from 2017, partial access for 2016, full access to articles from 2015 and earlier. (Off campus login instructions here).
- Early Childhood Research & Practice - Free, open access to peer-reviewed scholarship and research on the care, education, and parenting of young children
- Anatomy and Physiology Online - A rich and comprehensive reference book useful for sports, healthcare and therapeutic professionals. (Note - When asked to login out side of college, select "UK Institution Shibboleth Login" and find "Calderdale College" on the drop down list.)
- Childlink - Information on welfare, education, health, lifestyle, justice, youth affairs, employment and benefit issues.
- CINAHL - (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature). A comprehensive research database providing full text for over 700 nursing and allied health journals.
- Complete Issues - Guide to thousands of organisations, pressure groups, international agencies, government, unis, charities and theaters. (Username: ccstudent. Password: resources.)
- Directory of Open Access Journals - Free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals, covering all subjects and many languages.
- Education Research Complete
- EThOS - Free access to UK doctoral theses provided by British Library
- General OneFile - One-stop source for news, magazine, and periodical articles across a wide range of general interest topics and academic disciplines. With millions of articles available in both PDF and HTML full-text.
- Issues Online - UK's first comprehensive reference source addressing contemporary social issues.
- Newspapers Database - (JISC FE Custom News). Provides access to full-text newspapers, and allows you to
- Oxford Reference Online - a huge range of fully-indexed, extensively linked, up to date, and cross-searchable dictionary, language reference, and subject reference works.
- UK Data Service - A comprehensive resource funded by the ESRC to support researchers, teachers and policymakers who depend on high-quality social and economic data.
|I want a book on ...||Shelf number|
|Child care in the home||649.1|
|Child care law||346.15|
|Child care theorists||372.2101|
|Early years education||372.21|
|First aid for children||617.1026|
|Management in childcare||372.21068|
|Sociology of childhood||305.23|
|Special educational needs||371.9|
|Young children in care||362.73|
The following eBooks are available for you to view online. Alternatively download one chapter or page range to your computer or Kindle. Click here to view more eBooks.
New eBooks for 2017 & 2018!
Child Development & Child Psychology eBooks
Caring for Children eBooks
Early Years Education eBooks
These journals are available from Learning Centre 1 on B Floor. The current copies are for reference use only within the LC. Some back copies are available to borrow.
Individual Titles available via the E-Resources Index
Titles with Partial Access
Online Journals - freely available on the web
A range of programmes are available on DVD or on Planet eStream (a database of thousands of online course-related programmes and recordings).
Child care DVDs are located in LC 1 on B floor.
Click on the Planet eStream logo below to access the full eStream database.
Programmes relating to child care on Planet eStream can be accessed by clicking on the Child care subject link below.
You may also be interested in programmes on the following areas:
Direct link to Complete Issues articles about Family and Relationships.
search across all titles or browse individual titles.
Click on the links below to view these websites.