Subject Guide - Sport
- General OneFile - One-stop source for news, magazine, and periodical articles across a wide range of general interest topics and academic disciplines. With millions of articles available in both PDF and HTML full-text.
- International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching
- Peak Performance You will need to log on to the site to view peak performance articles and the newsletter.
Username: Calderdale College Sports
- Journal of Sport Behavior
- Men's Fitness
- Women in sport and physical activity journal (2000 - 2012)
- Sport IQ You will need to register with the site to access this free online magazine
- Routledge Online Studies on the Olympic and Paralympic Games Free access articles are clearly indicated.
- Journal of Exercise Physiology
- Journal of Sport and Health Science
- Directory of Open Access Journals - Free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals, covering all subjects and many languages
- Newspapers Database - (JISC FE Custom News). Provides access to full-text newspapers, and allows you to search across all titles or browse individual titles
- Peak Performance - The research newsletter on stamina, strength and fitness in all sports (username: Calderdale College Sports, password: peak123)
- International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching - peer reviewed, international, academic/professional journal
- Anatomy and Physiology Online - A rich and comprehensive reference book useful for sports, healthcare and therapeutic professionals. (Note - When asked to login out side of college, select "UK Institution Shibboleth Login" and find "Calderdale College" on the drop down list.)
- Articles about Sport and Leisure from Complete Issues (login: ccstudent, password: resources)
|I want a book on...||Shelf number|
|Children and sport||796.083|
|Disability and sport||796.087|
|Education, research and social issues in sport||796.07|
|Facilities. management, marketing||796.06|
|History of sport||796.09|
|Physical education and training||796|
|Physiology of sport/physical fitness||612.044|
|Research methods in sport||796.072|
|Sports - philosophy||796.01|
|Sports - psychological principles||796.019|
|Sports sciences (textbooks)||613.71|
|Sports - scientific principles||796.015|
|Women and sport||796.082|
|Working in sport||796.023|
The following eBooks are available for you to view online. Alternatively download one chapter or page range to your computer or Kindle. Click here to view more eBooks.
New for 2017!
Sport and Exercise Science textbooks online
Other Sport, Fitness and Health eBooks
Journals available in the Learning Centre
The following journals are available from LC 2 in the Inspire Centre. The current copies are for reference use only within the LC. Most back copies are available to borrow.
Online Journals via Moodle
Online Journals - freely available
A range of programmes are available on DVD or on Planet eStream (a database of thousands of online course-related programmes and recordings).
Sports DVDs are located in LC 2 in the Inspire Centre.
Click on the Planet eStream logo below to access the full eStream database.
To access sport-related recordings you can also use the search box below.