Subject Guide - Construction
- Building - This journal is available from LC 1 on B floor. The current copy is for reference use only within the LRC. All back copies are available to borrow.
- Architecture: Media, Politics, Society
- CIRIA (Construction industry research and information association) Knowledge Base
- Construction News
- National Building Specification Journal
- Directory of Open Access Journals - Free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals, covering all subjects and many languages
- Newspapers Database - (JISC FE Custom News). Provides access to full-text newspapers, and allows you to search across all titles or browse individual titles
|I want a book on ...||Shelf number|
|Health and safety at work||363.11|
|Painting and decorating||698.1|
The following eBooks are available for you to view online. Alternatively download one chapter or page range to your computer or Kindle. Click here to view more eBooks.
New for 2017!
Building and Construction eBooks
Carpentry and Joinery eBooks
Other Building Trades eBooks
Journals available in the Learning Centre
Also available online - username: calderdale / password: calcol123
Online Journals via Moodle
General OneFile - One-stop source for news, magazine, and periodical articles across a wide range of general interest topics and academic disciplines. With millions of articles available in both PDF and HTML full-text.
Online Journals - freely available
A range of programmes are available on DVD or on Planet eStream (a database of thousands of online course-related programmes and recordings).
Construction DVDs are located in LC 1 on B floor.
Click on the Planet eStream logo below to access the full eStream database.
Programmes relating to building and construction on Planet eStream can be accessed by clicking on the Building and construction subject link below.
You may also be interested in programmes on the following areas:
The Construction Information Service - CIS is an expert knowledge tool that delivers key technical information critical to all construction projects in one easy-to-use, web based package.
Login Information: You can access this site from home, you will need to use your College username and password.
If you are asked to, select Calderdale College from the drop down menu.
Skillsbox Resources and Tests
Including H&S, Personal Finance and Environmental Sustainability
Click on the links below to view these websites.