College Meal Deal
For details on the College Meal Deal offer and rules of how this can be redeemed please view: http://www.calderdale.ac.uk/content/view/study-at-calderdale/financial-support/college-meal-deal
- The Government has identified the following learners as eligible for the college Meal Deal, learners in receipt of, or having parents who are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Students must satisfy the residency criteria set out in the EFA ‘Funding regulation’ guidance for the 2016 to 2017 academic year and be:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- during the initial roll out of the benefit, Universal Credit
- Aged between 16 and 18 on 31 August 2016 to be eligible for a free meal in the 2016 to 2017 academic year. Students who turn 19 during their study programme will remain eligible for a free meal until the end of the academic year in which they turn 19 or to the end of their study programme, whichever is sooner.
- Aged between 19 and 25 who are subject to an Education Health and Care Plan (EHC Plan) and ESF students aged between 16 and 18 on 31 August 2016 are also entitled to a free meal while attending College if they meet the eligibility criteria.
- A student is only eligible to receive a free meal when they, or a parent/guardian on their behalf, have made a successful application to the College.
The following groups of student are not eligible for a free meal:
- students aged 19 or over at the start of their study programme, unless they have an EHC Plan
- apprentices, unless they have a current EHC Plan
How to Apply:
Contact Advice and Guidance and complete an Enhanced Learner Support Fund application form and submit this with all the required evidence listed in the guidance to Advice and Guidance A Floor of the Percival Whitley Building.